The Manuel L. Quezon Gawad Parangal Awards, Quezon City’s highest honor, are bestowed on individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to society.
In ceremonies held last October 12, 2017 evening to mark the 78th foundation of Quezon City, Bantayog ng mga Bayani was one of six institutions and twelve individuals which received this recognition.
The citation reads:
- For upholding justice and recognizing the heroic deeds during the martial law era;
- For immortalizing the memory of unsung heroes, so that they may serve as an inspiration to keep the flame of democracy alive in the hearts of everyone;
- For relentlessly educating and empowering the public on issues about freedom and guarding against historical revisionism;
- For proving that “the Filipino is worth living and dying for.”
Held at the Seda Vertis North, Ms. Carolina S. Malay received the award in behalf of Bantayog.
Bantayog congratulates its fellow awardees this year:
- Mrs. Zeneida Quezon Avancena
- Justice Narciso Nario
- Samson C. Lim
- Senator Aquilino O. Pimentel Jr.
- Dr. Orlando S. Mercado
- Ramon G. Orlina
- Mother Lily Monteverde
- Prof. Corazon Cristobal Generoso-Iñigo
- John Philip Jacob Lesaca
- Dr. Cielito Flores Habito
- Dr. Dionisia A. Rola
- Leah Roman Reyes
The outstanding organizations/ institutions are:
- V. Luna Medical Center (AFP Command Center)
- Bayanihan (Philippine Folk Dance company)
- Bantayog ng mga Bayani
- The Sulo Riviera
- Little Quiapo
- The U.P. Singing Ambassadors